Oh My Blog is a monthly interview series, where fellow bloggers come together to answer a series of questions on a specific theme. This is a chance to get acquainted with a whole range of bloggers, some of whom you may not have heard of before, and learn a little more about them!
This month, the theme is Mums (because it’s Mother’s Day soon!) and I’m hosting Carol from Family Makes.
- Introduce us to your mum. What’s her name? What does she do? Reveal her age if you dare!
My Mum’s name is Ann, she is retired and is 70 years old
- What’s the one thing your mum always used to say to you?
She has loads of old-fashioned ‘catchphrases’, such as when pulling a face “If the wind changes you’ll stay like that”, and when asked what’s for tea she’d say “Sh*t with sugar on”!
- Someone’s playing your mum in a film. Who is it and why?
Not sure – someone a bit scatty but with a heart of gold, who likes cleaning and fussing…???
- She’s won the lottery. What’s the first thing your mum buys for herself?
Hmm she doesn’t treat herself that often, maybe some comfortable shoes? Or probably a trip somewhere.
- What embarrassing story about you does she always tell when you meet new people?
She would probably talk about my health problems, which I find quite embarrassing as I’m not an over-sharer like she is and try to ‘pretend’ I’m normal!!
- What are your plans for Mother’s Day this year?
I don’t have any, as we’re busy packing for a house move so things are quite chaotic at the moment. My mum is going to be away as it’s near to my step-dad’s birthday and they always go away for that.
- What’s her favourite TV show at the moment?
She likes any kind of detective series.
- What’s the biggest or most important thing that your mum inspired you to do?
Not inspired but encouraged, to move away. (Do you think she wanted rid of me??)
- Your round at the bar! What’s your mum drinking?
Probably half a lager, or if pushing the boat out, a Bacardi and coke
- What’s the biggest difference between you and your mum?
Emotional maturity/self control (so says my hubby!)
- Most important question of the lot. What is your mum’s stance on 50 Shades of Grey? Does she love it? Hate it? Not even know what it is?
She’s not interested in it. Well, she is 70!
- What’s your favourite memory of your mum?
When I took her to the Dutch Bulbfields – something she’d always wanted to do.
- What do you think your mum was like as a kid?
A bit of a tomboy as she had 3 brothers, and they were very poor so she played out in the streets with the boys.
- Cast your mind back a bit; what was the thing you did as a child or teenager that made your mum the angriest she has ever been with you?
Answering back – it always wound her up, and still does when my boys do it now!
- Finally, what’s the BEST piece of advice your mum ever gave to you?
Always wear clean underwear – you never know when you’re going to be knocked down by a bus!
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out Carol’s blog and follow her on social media so you never miss a new post!